Monday, September 2, 2013

Musings

I was laying in my daughter's bed tonight at her request, just chatting about the day, about life, and about music of all things.  She likes to listen to the music on my old iPod while she falls asleep.  One of my very favorite songs of all time came on and she asked me to sing it to her.  I think it was a test to see if I actually knew the lyrics, but either way, I sang.  Now, I am not a singer, I leave that to my extended family members who have lovely voices, but for my kiddo, especially when she's sad, I could not say no.  It was wonderful to watch her eyes flare, to watch the comprehension on her face as she realized that I really did know the song.  What song?  Why a little number by Pink Floyd called "Wish You Were Here," of course!  So many thanks to Pink Floyd for giving me that moment with my daughter.... 

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.


No, this doesn't really have anything to do with Creating Estelan but it does have to do with me and the little girl I started this series for.  She's a very special little girl and I cannot wait to watch her leave broad, bright paint strokes across this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment