Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Editing STILL

I never have enough time in a day. It never fails. I swore I would get to bed early - as in obscenely early - tonight so I would be coherent to rock a late night tomorrow and Friday. That did not happen. I am proud of doing my own edits and I believe rightly so. However, it is tedious and time consuming. This is my 6th time through Estelan. It is always different in paperback form when I read it aloud. But it works. I catch a lot of things I missed before or realize wording could be a wee bit crisper. Yes, I could pay somebody to edit my books but it us expensive to have it done "right" and I am no slouch. Most importantly, this is my baby. It is a piece of me and I do not readily share such tasks with others. It all works out in the end and I feel good about what I am putting out.

I truly hope you all enjoy the final product. Estelan's release is approaching quickly indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment