Saturday, December 3, 2011

Minor setback - well I think it is minor

I participated in NaNoWriMo so I wrote the sequel to my paranormal romance during the month of November which in turn meant a hiatus from Estelan.  Well, it is now December and NaNoWriMo is of course over so I settled down to work on Estelan and found myself feeling disappointed.  Why?  Because I realized just how much re-working is needed.  Let me rewind, I have a completed first draft for Estelan, I have edited twice, passed it out to a few people to read, re-titled it (it was Fall of Ia) and removed a good portion of the initial introduction.  So back to last night, I opened my file and settled in to write once the kids were in bed only to find that I still am not pleased with the beginning of my novel.  In a bit of a panic I skipped ahead a few chapters and started reading another character's POV and felt good about that chapter.  In fact, I felt good about several chapters that I perused beyond that.  I am simply dissatisfied with the intro and I am not sure where to actually begin.  Needless to say, I did not accomplish much more than staring at my laptop screen last night.  Ugh.  I am ready to start fresh today, hoping it will just come to me as so many other things have.  My goal for Estelan is to have a final manuscript ready to send out by February, I have set smaller goals for myself to facilitate the process (with fabulous rewards for each mark I hit!!) in hopes that I will be more successful.  Of course, in conjunction with marketing my paranormal romances, working FT, and being a mom it is going to be somewhat challenging :)  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment