Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My song of the day

"Over my Head" by The Fray, I love this band. Honestly, they are fabulous and I look for their new releases. Anyway, I was driving home today and this song came on, triggering a slew of memories including the first time I really listened to the words (thank you singstar). "I never knew, I never knew that everything was falling through, that everyone I knew was waiting on a cue to turn and run when all I needed was the truth. But that's how it's gotta be it's coming down to nothing more than apathy....." I mean they actually used "apathy" correctly in a song lyric, one of my truly favorite words. The song just gets better from there and it can function as low key background noise for writing (i.e. today) or singing at the top of your lungs in your car (also today at which point my brilliant daughter reminded me of my small problem with tone-deafness). Regardless, if you haven't already, check out The Fray. You won't be sorry!!

P.S. Editing done on RYDER ON THE STORM, started the sequel, book 2 in the Emerald Seer Series - LIGHT MY FIRE. Yes, I have a theme going on, love The Doors!

No comments:

Post a Comment