Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Origins - footballbutterfly

Hey all!  So lately I have gotten a lot of questions about where I came up with my name.  The truth is, I love football and butterflies are generally associated with beauty and grace.  I liked the contrast of the two words and they form such a unique combination that I can use it (or some variation of it) for almost everything from fantasy football (thank you fleaflicker) to ESPN/NFL to Texans sites to twitter to querytracker and studio 8.  I feel that people are somewhat dejected when I give that explanation but I am not going to make up a convoluted story just to make it more exciting.  I save story telling for my books, it is better that way.

In other news, I am working on the second installments of both my series (Estelan and The Emerald Seer/Storm Sullivan Series).  Of course, I continue to revisit my first two books and plan to join the realm of epublishing if I don't get any bites by the end of October.  I will keep you all posted on that front of course.  I am still planning to send my manuscript to two fantasy publishers but I want to do a little more prep work on them first and my fabulously talented friend, Dave Holtz, is working on covers still for me.  I would very much like to include his artwork and if any of you are looking for some stunning cover art please consider him!

That said, I am hitting the sack.  Today has not been as productive as I would have liked, but we all have those days, right? 

I will leave you with a song lyric that just makes me happy ~  Thank you to Dexy's Midnight Runners ~

Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio
He moved a million hearts in mono
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them
Now your're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever
Go toora loora toora loo rye aye
And we can sing just like our fathers

Come on Eileen, well I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
With you in that that dress, my thoughts I confess
Verge on Dirty
Ah come on Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment