Sunday, September 11, 2011

Of course we will never forget....

How could we?  Our nation stopped for several days and we are still feeling the repercussions of what happened ten years ago.  I have not met an American whose life has not been touched by the tragedy of 9/11.  My children are too young to know what happened (as in they were not born yet) but they are aware of the sadness that comes over their elders when 9/11 is mentioned.  The term itself has come to stand for tragedy and my children will know it no other way.  The repercussions of that day have had the most astounding ripple effect and as I sit here reflecting, as many of my fellow Americans are at this moment, I have hope because of the amazing response by everyone who rushed in to offer aide from the firefighters and rescue crews who were first on site to those who arrived in the following days to offer shelter and supplies.  I am hopeful that Americans will remember how it felt then and translate that feeling to the present.  Working together for a common cause - I think we need that now as much as we did then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment