Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dental work - a major buzz kill

So, had a fabulous birthday on Wednesday.  It was nice and relaxing and I was able to enjoy a few beers with my awesome parents.  Feeling pretty good until I woke up on Thursday with some flu-like symptoms and the knowledge that I already had a dentist appointment for some major work (and I mean the kind where they have to sedate you and you wake up all loopy).  Needless to say, I went to work for all of three hours before I tapped out and took a small nap before the dentist who did a wonderful job but left me looking like I got bitch-slapped.  Yep, you read it right.  That evening I found that the entire left side of my face was not only sore and swollen but bruised.  It was charming.  Friday was not much better and when you have to drink out of a straw to boot - well, let's just say those looks of sympathy from other patrons told me all I needed to know about how I looked.  Today, I am happy to report I am almost able to smile again, almost able to chew again, and with some make-up I can almost hide the bruising.  Still, dental work = major buzz kill for this glorious weekend in Seattle!

P.S. For those of you following my paranormal romance...I am just over 8,000 words so it is coming along fabulously and I hope to have initial copies to my four initial readers after Labor Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment