Monday, June 27, 2011

Gratuitous sex passage?

I am working on an adult series, and I don't mean that in the X-rated sense, but I have included some sex passages.  A few of my test readers have asked/commented on the sex passages and I have actually contemplated taking them out of my series to downplay it to more of a young adult crowd.  Here is a great opportunity for reader feedback as so far the response is pretty evenly split.  Here is one of my "adult" passages... (disclaimer: there are no marriages in this society, there are "matings" but not marriages so individual religious/moral codes should not impact my imaginary world).  Without further ado, a passage from Fall of Ia of the Estelan Series:

**********
Pallia awoke to Elnor’s arm around her waist and their legs in a tangle. She sighed and relaxed into him.  He moaned and adjusted so she felt his presence against her back.  Pallia smiled and adjusted herself again, pushing her bottom into him and adjusting his hand to her bare breast beneath the quilts.
“You will be the death of me Pet.”
Whatever do you mean my Love?  Pallia turned her head to the side and met Elnor’s lips full on.  He maneuvered his arousal into the vee of her legs and met her wetness with another groan.  Pallia hissed as he entered her and began panting in rhythm with his thrusts.  Elnor’s free hand traced down her side sending shivers throughout her body.  He grabbed her hip and held her still for one strong thrust, sending him deeper than she thought possible.  Elnor traced her hipbone, down her outer thigh and back up her inner thigh where he found her swollen nub and began rubbing as he continued rhythmically pumping.  She stretched her arm behind her head and wrapped her fingers in his hair. They came simultaneously in intense pleasure and then she rolled over and faced him, placing a hand on his cheek, relishing the feel of his stubble.
I love you.
“And I you my Pet.  I have done all of this for you, for us.”  He kissed her nose softly and ran his fingers through her hair.  “I have longed for you all these years, missed your warmth, your laughter.  Though I am dying to know what you did with the bodies of the Prietesses.” 
*********
Let me know what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment