Thursday, July 14, 2011

Maybe it's the pincers, chkt chkt

In honor of the release of HP 7.2 I feel the need to pay homage to J.K. Rowling who created such a beautiful world for children (and adults, let's be real everyone, the midnight showings will be filled with 18+ people).  As a Mom myself, working at a job that is less than fulfilling, and with a head full of story ideas, I am truly inspired by the brilliance and tenacity of Ms. Rowling.  It is exciting to me to see a story touch so many people and teach generations some of the more difficult lessons in life without telling them what to believe in the end.  In a world where people stand on street corners trying to forcefeed you their own moral and political agendas it is refreshing to escape into the wizarding world of Harry Potter.  Thank you J.K. Rowling, I look forward to sharing your story with my children in the years to come.  Thank you for inspiring me to write on.

P.S. The title is in reference to one of my favorite scenes in HP 6 - if you are wondering, check out the scene where Harry take the liquid luck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment